Tuesday 14 July 2009

Rambling on a Tuesday

I had to put the day of the week in the heading because it's so hard to keep track of days on holiday.

Like Mary Ellen, I don't often embed videos in my blog but I found this on her blog and couldn't resist it.

As ME then said - "It really says a lot to me about teamwork - if a large group of people can make the sound of a rainforest, imagine what we could do if we all worked together."


It's been another sunny day here but down on Merseyside the rain has been torrential the last couple of days. While Partner-who-loves-tea was sheltering from the downpours I had a walk down to the shore.


A lot of the Meadow Browns are looking a much paler and washed out compared to a few weeks ago.


If you don't like woodlice you won't like this chap - it's a Sea Slater. They live on the shore and are about three times the size of a common woodlouse.


The storm the other day has left deep piles of dead seaweed high up on the shore.


A collection of different stones on the shore. I love the way so many different types of rock end up on the same beach. Some of them no doubt many many miles from their starting point and all rounded by rolling around in the water.



This is Lewisian Gneiss one of the oldest rocks on the earth's crust. It sparkles with millions of tiny grains of quartz.


A female Common Blue butterfly.


A female Common Blue with a male flying in in the hope of having his wicked way with her.

I hope you had a good day, too. Until tomorrow...

 

10 comments:

  1. I'm afraid the 'all working together' thing will just be imagination for some time to come. Shame.

    Your first shot is just beautiful and of course your butterfly shots are always wonderful. Don't know anything about woodlice-- but from your picture-- that's okay by me.

    My mother was a rockhound. I remember many-many-many hours of hiking the trails in the Colorado Rockies looking for rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different kinds of stones, and the butterflies are beautiful. Your holiday pictures give me a longing for the seaside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea what levels that video has touched upon my heart. That was absolutely beautiful to me, and much needed!

    And the way that you've ended this posting...the photo, perfect. They are so sweet to my eyes, those blue's.

    With love from a truly gracious heart...goodnight :)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was the most amazing footage of video! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! I will know be singing that music in my head the rest of the day and passing that u-tube along to all of my friends on my e-mail list! What an uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scriptor Senex,

    I'm with Mer Tech Energy and we wish to use one of your pictures in a new book 'Save Money, Save the Plaet'. It's the picture of a water mill found on this entery of yours: http://memoriamea.blogspot.com/2008/02/water-mills.html

    Let me know at moose_man_mike@hotmail.com

    Thank you for your time.

    Michael Rogowski.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Etymology rules, well in your case it does. Helps when one knows what the image is of, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the butterfly shots. It's amazing how similar they look to some of our breeds here in Northern CA.

    ~Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you liked the video!

    I love it when you walk around and take pictures of things along the way. I like to look at rocks along the beach, too. Maine is famous for its rocky coastline, and we can always find something beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beach photos - the pebbles are lovely. Believe it or not, I actually DO like woodlice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I sat in my "new" garden spot, I had a few visitors: two kinds of butterflies, a wasp, and a humming bird. But I have no digital pictures: only memories. I admire your ability to capture and share what you see. Thanks.

    Don

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive