Friday 22 May 2009

A long way

A long way - but a mini-ramble.


We may not have Internet access on Friday night so just thought I'd post this while I had the chance . After a lovely journey - which will be blogged at a later date - we ended up at the Queens Hotel in Ambleside for Thursday night.


A pleasant room; very friendly svie; an excellent meal of Lakeland lamb with perfectly cooked vegetables; a view of the village from the window; and - to GB's great glee - Internet access.


This is the market hall from the bedroom window - and yes, that is one big black cloud. We had a day without rain but it sure looked threatening at times.


And so to bed, again...
 

2 comments:

  1. I've never been anywhere in my life that looks like this...it intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the beauty of it all! Someday I would love to visit these wonderful quaint towns. To me they are like a fairy tale. We get so caught up in the hoop-la here in America and I must have been born in the WRONG ERA. I love the beauty of where you are. I could easily give up modern luxury's. Well maybe not the internet! at least I can visit through your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive