Sunday 1 June 2008

What is it?



The first time I came to Lewis I was surprised to see these strange concrete structures at some of the road junctions outside of town. Often with not a single dwelling near them I surmised perhaps they were some sort of war-time left over. The nearest things they resembled in my experience were the gun emplacements on the coast around Merseyside.



Upon enquiring from GB as to what they were I discovered they were bus shelters. A very clever idea, by being divided into quarters they offer shelter which ever way the wind is coming from. They would actually be quite effective on Merseyside as well - not much scope for vandalism unless you’ve got a pneumatic drill up your sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive