Tuesday 17 June 2008

GB’s paintings

 
GB has a number of paintings and limited edition prints on his walls. This one is by Alan Reed. The girl in the picture is his wife and the setting is Venice.



(Apologies for the quality of the photo - the glass is not non-reflective. And now apologies for the double negative I've just used ...)

"I produce paintings which are representational but not photographic. I'm concerned about capturing the light and the fleeting moment in time for which watercolour is ideally suited. I like to paint beach scenes, people and cities, particularly pre 20th century architecture and the hustle and bustle of street life. Working on location in Italy, America, the West coast of Scotland and the Henley Royal Regatta has brought a creative sense of fluency to my painting." - Alan Reed
Alan Reed's website is worth a visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive