Sunday 29 June 2008

Child Death Helpline

In case anyone doesn’t know by now I have a number of different Blogs. One, a set of Book Reviews, has shown how busy I was in the Hebrides – hardly any books read. I’ve only been back a week and already there are lots of new entries. One, “Before I Die” by Jenny Downham, is described as teen fiction. I think it is suitable for all ages and goes on my list of books everyone should read. Children dying after a long illness is a subject that has been dear to my heart ever since meeting people at the Alder Centre who have gone through watching their child die. This books is writing at its very best.

For anyone affected by the death of a child and not living close enough to Alder Hey hospital to use the Alder Centre, there is a Child Death Helpline.
The Child Death Helpline is staffed 7 nights a week from 7.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m., Monday to Friday mornings 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. and Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons 1.00 p.m.to 4.00 p.m. The number is: Freephone 0800 282986
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive