Sunday 11 January 2009

What have these subjects in common?

What have these subjects in common?

The New Jersey Reefers Club
Redneck Mother
Office furniture and parts problem solver-
The Summit at Grand Sierra Resort
Chair height limit stop - Patent 4087071
Kellogg Canada Inc. - Newsroom
Snack foods that are good for you
Eric Knowles - Della RobbiaArt Pottery
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
Della Robbia Pottery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Answer – they are the sites that come up when I press ‘Similar Pages’ on the Google Search result for this blog. How weird is that?

Redneck Mother is a blog so at least we have something in common. I sometimes eat Kelloggs Cornflakes but not too many people know that and I don’t have the crunchy nut variety. The blog title Rambles from my chair is presumably what leads to office furniture and the patent for a chair height limit stop. In April 2008 I mentioned Della Robbia pottery en passant in a posting but that’s a pretty obscure reason for linking the subjects. But perhaps the most obscure of all are New Jersey Reefers Club and The Summit at Grand Sierra Resort, Reno’s grandest accommodations (sic).


I love coral reefs and I’ve taken plenty of photos of the sea water tank at Chester Zoo but I cannot recall ever mentioning that!

As I write this I’m being buzzed by a bluebottle that likes the light from the screen. It thinks it’s summer and it thinks it’s a moth. I think it’s about to go to insect heaven. Ironic really – I’ve just posted a defence of insects in the comments on Pictures, Poetry & Prose.

The frost has gone and in its place is cloud (lots of), wind, and showers. Oops – must dash down to the conservatory and check that the bucket is in place to catch the drips from the leaky roof. We’ve only lived here four and half years – not enough time yet to get the leak fixed...

Jo has arisen from her bed and it’s time for me to go downstairs and wash the dishes, have a cup of tea and a chat and maybe get a crossword done.... but I’ll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps the most striking similarity is the randomness. That's what Rambling is all about. Right, Mr. Rambles? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! Why didn't I think of that.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive