Saturday 1 November 2008

It’s a small world...

It’s a small world...

Some time ago I blogged about making contact with one of my old friends and it never seems to amaze me that the Internet makes people so easy to find.


While scanning in one of my old albums I came across some photos of Clémentine Lamothe, a student from France who stayed with us on a trip to England in 1994. She was only here for a couple of weeks but seemed to become a member of the family in no time and we still swap Christmas greetings.

Since then she has married Christophe Dolain and has two children – Hugo and Louis. The latter was born this September and is “so cute” according to Clémentine who kindly sent us a card announcing his arrival.


Because I’m much happier on the computer than with a pen nowadays, I thought I’d check out the web to see if I could find her on-line. All I had to do was put her name in Google and up came a few sites pointing to her work activities and a reference to her on a genealogy site.


A trip to Facebook enabled me to find her brother and a quick e-mail to him was texted on to Clementine...

It’s a small world...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive