Tuesday 14 April 2009

An ordinary day....

The ordinary things that make a day amazing....


It was Easter Monday and Jo and I had a lazy morning. We supped some tea and coffee and attacked a crossword. Occasional trips into the garden allowed me to photograph some of the Tulips. Then Jo decided to take her car to be valeted and washed. Jo’s car is generally so neglected that this was, in itself, fairly amazing.


While it was being done Jo and I had a walk around Arrowe Park in the sunshine and called in at the golf club for a coffee. The lawns were covered in Daisies. It is said that when you can put your foot on seven Daisies it is Spring.



The Daffodils were just past their prime but the Primroses were at their best and by one of the council offices in the park was a beautiful Magnolia in full bloom.


I wonder what WONS stood for?


This is Arrowe Hall – formerly the hall for the park and now a set of private residences.


When we got back to the car wash it wasn’t quite finished so we shared a coke outside the Arrowe Park Hotel.


The clean car.


Later in the afternoon – while doing another crossword (Jo reading the clues out while I embroidered) – Richard’s girlfriend Catherine arrived. It was great to see her face light up as she was introduced to her first ever newt from the pond.


I saw a Ladybird on the plants – my first of the year.


The French Lavender that Helen and Ian gave us yesterday attracted a bee into the conservatory. It’s buzz made Jo jump. Her scream made me jump!

All in all, a fairly ordinary day. And yet also an extraordinary day. And very enjoyable. This is how life should be.

7 comments:

  1. 'This is how life should be.' Never was a truer word spoken. Spero is mos usquequaque exsisto sic. (or something like that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scriptor, these pics are gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post. Great shots and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. Life is beautiful. As are your pictures!

    Those days are always refreshing and joyful. I wish you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea what GB said up there :o) but...

    I enjoyed this walk with you and Jo, thank you for taking us along.

    AND...what an adorable little car she drives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post, and beautiful day! You take joy in every detail of a day and it makes for wonderful reading to hear the song in your voice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. S.S.
    When I drop by to see what lovely photos you will have posted and what matching words you have for them, it is always with sweet anticipation. I am never disappointed. It is as if I step through the screen and take a little stroll into England. You make it so pleasant. Thank you. These photos, once again, did not fail to touch me.
    BEST to you!
    C :^)

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive