Sunday 19 April 2009

MEME

MEME: from Sallymandy via Mervat and Moannie

What is your current obsession?
Blogging, of course! I have been obsessed with it since before I began. If that sounds daft it isn't. I had websites that were effectively blogs long before blogs became the thing to do. Nothing like being ahead of the game!

Good fika place? (That would be coffee to us non-Swedes)
The Woodlands, Stornoway in the Outer Hebrides with GB doing a crossword or with GB, Pat and David chatting.

Do you nap a lot?
Unfortunately yes. My body cannot survive without a ridiculous amount of rest.

Who was the last person you hugged?
My daughter Helen. I'm not a natural hugger - It's not that I object to hugging, I quite like it, but I tend to respond rather than initaite.

What’s for dinner?
Pork cutlets, chips, pickled onions. Damn - we've run out of apple sauce.

What are you listening to right now?
The gentle hum of the computer.

What is your favourite weather?
Calm, dry, not too hot, not too cold.

What’s on your bedside table?
Enough medicines to start a pharmacy, water, alarm clock (to tell the time - never need the alarm), pen and paper and bedside light.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
I wasn't tagged, Mervat tagged Sallymandy who offered this to anyone who felt the urge. Moannie felt the urge and I read it on Moannie's blog - The View from This End

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Dorset, England

Favourite vacation spot?
Lleyn Peninsula, North Wales, though Devon, England, and The Outer Hebrides, Scotland, are pretty brilliant as well.

Name the things you can’t live without. .
My family, my camera, my computer, wildlife, books, music, blogging.

What were the happiest two years of your life?
My second year at college and first year of marriage to Jo.

What would you like to get rid of?
Clutter.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Paris.

What did you want to become as a child?
A teacher, then a geologist, then a botanist - where did it all go wrong?

What do you miss?
My son David and my nephew Andrew who both died too young.

What are you reading right now?
About ten books - the one that will be tonight's bedtime read is Refige in Avalon by Marguerite Steedman.

What do you fear the most?
Losing loved ones.

What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)?
A black cloak lined with red silk and a cane to match.

What did you last watch on television?
The F1 Grand Prix qualifying.

If you’d like to do the meme, here’s how it works.
1. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
1. You may tag others or leave it open to anyone who feels like giving it a go.

5 comments:

  1. I have a question for you...are "chips" the same there as they are here? We call chips, thin sliced, fried-dried potatos. I know that in some places, they call (what we call) french fries "chips".

    Are you confused yet? hahaha

    I suppose I'm just curious....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you call chips we call crisps; our chips are your French fries. I feel a blog posting coming on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bit like the song 'Let's call the whole thing off" don't you think.
    When we were in USA by husband said of someone's house , "it is so homely here" meaning welcoming of course. No! over there it meant plain and dull. OOPS!

    Love Granny
    It was the MEME I was reading and meant to comment on.... got carried away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the black cloak with red silk lining!!! You animal!
    So many subjects to expand on, right? Have at it, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!

    Wanted to tell you I wanted to be growing up...(in this order), a teacher, a biologist, a zoologist, a botanist, a nurse, and a librarian.

    I did become one of these! (Nurse).
    Still am wishing to become a librarian though.

    I found it interesting that you had a lot of the same interests that I did!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive