Saturday 21 November 2009

Word Count

I have just done a very approximate word count for this Blog. Gulp! Since I began in September 2007 I have written 1670 postings. A word count of 24 posts averaged out at 334 words per post. That’s a total of 557,780 words. Half a million words – about five novels. And that is not counting all my other blogs, some of which go back to May 2007.

My only consolation is that research has shown that the ‘ideal’ post length for keeping readers interested is 300 words so perhaps I haven’t been excessively loquacious.

Perhaps I should change my name -



Only joking...

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's an amazing word count. Good for you! (See, this is one reason I'm not sure I should have my own blog -- can't think of enough stuff to say.)
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some achievement. Imagine anyone having that many words in him waiting to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive! I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 300 words to maintain interest? Hmmm I must remember that. Oooh I'm glad I'm not mathematically minded.... grins.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive