Wednesday 22 September 2010

Farewell and Thank You, Nan

One of my favourite bloggers has stopped blogging. Nan from Northern New England in the USA has decided the time has come to finish "Letters from a Hill Farm".

Sadly she took off her comments at the same time though I can understand the reason for doing so. If one takes a decision like that one does not necessarily want people leaving lots of messages saying 'Don't go'.

So I shall use my blog to say a big thank you to her for a most enjoyable set of postings and for translating recipe ingredients from US to UK for me at times. She has also recommended books that have found me a number of new authors.

For a short time at least you can still find her older posts here.

2 comments:

  1. I too am sorry to hear that Nan is hanging up her blog site. Her book suggestions and reviews are really helpful and interesting, and she's recommended several books I wouldn't have found or enjoyed otherwise. But I know how time consuming these things can be, and sometimes we just have to say no to something. If you're reading this Nan, good luck with whatever you do wherever you go. And please be assured, you contributed a lot of postive energy to the ongoing cyberspace dialogue! Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scriptor, that is a very nice gesture and I am kicking myself for not having thought of posting that on my blog, too (now I won't). When I saw Nan's farewell, my first impulse was to send her an email, but then I refrained from it - for the same reason she had disabled comments I suppose she would not want tons of emails referring to her leaving the world of blogging.
    Now, I just hope this is not going to be infectious and I'll be able to read a lot more on all the blogs I am following.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive