Tuesday 26 July 2011

For Jo and Librarian


This photo of a shop in Keswick is one for Partner-who-drinks-tea. She loves pink, which is a shame because it is my least favourite colour. But such is my affection for her that I wore a pink tie and pink socks when we got married - but I did hide the socks under another pair of more subdued ones and only showed them off during my speech at the wedding breakfast.


On my posting of ‘Home for the next few weeks’ Librarian asked whose pointed ears could be seen on the corner of the first photo. It’s a creature I take so much for granted that I hardly even notice it any more. The ears belong to a picture of a cat that lives on the corner of the window. Why a silhouette of a cat lives on the corner of a window I don't know! One of GB's quainter ideas. Perhaps he'll let us know in the comments?


9 comments:

  1. Now that is real colour popping. I wonder how many customers vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a cat called BP (Big Puss - no one could recall his proper name) and a friend, Mirry, bought this because it reminded her of BP. She stuck it in the window where it has remained for the last 6 or more years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GB has mentioned Big Puss (the one on the window) in a blog:

    http://galenote.blogspot.com/2009/06/wot-i-am-missing.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! My name appears in the headline of a blog article - I am well chuffed, thank you!
    Thank you, too, for the explanation about the owner of the pointed ears. From the tiny bit I saw on the first picture, I was not sure whether it was a real cat enjoying the view from that window sill or not.
    I was thinking of you today when I walked past the bakery and wondered whether to get myself a Florentine to go with my afternoon coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! Perfect Pink. I just love any colour as long as it is pink. My birthday present from GB this year was a pink carrier bag absolutely filled to the brim with little parcels wrapped in pink paper and a bottle of pink fizz. I wonder if I can get David to paint our house pink! Hmmmm.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that pink house certainly pops out! And the view from GB's kitchen window is lovely as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Spesh's idea of a pink house. I had a friend who loved pink. She didn't have a pink house -- but she did paint her piano pink!! Didn't seem to make it any easier to play though.
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that I had your memory, Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh that is sooo sweet! That is definetely a shop I would not pass up! It is probably FILLED with delicious home made goodies! You do know that only "real men" wear pink! hehehehe you are a good man!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive