Sunday 10 August 2008

Aldo Luongo


Tango and cobblestones

Described as a Post-Impressionist by the New York Times, Aldo Luongo confesses that at first he was annoyed at being categorized. However, since many of his favourite painters were Impressionists he also understood the sincerity of the compliment. “Every artist adapts the best qualities of his favourite artists, but I’m always conscious of capturing bits of life, of reality, of situations, of people. It’s my space in time.”

Consort

“I attack a canvas like I play soccer – with vigour. Soccer is my counterpoint to painting. While painting, I’m confined, lonely, enmeshed in emotions and self-doubt. Then comes the sweat and focus of a really good game and I feel whole again. Life is a matter of balance. “


Stilletto

Late afternoon light


Late afternoon at Padris

Aldo Luongo has earned both critical praise and celebrity collectors. Edward G. Robinson, Anthony Quinn, Kevin Costner, Dionne Warwick, Bill Cosby, Yul Brynner, Charlton Heston, and Rob Reiner, to name a few, have been touched by Aldo’s imagery. In addition, Aldo was named official artist for The Olympic Committee at the 1988 Summer Games, has a commissioned work which is displayed in The Kennedy Museum in Boston, two years in a row was selected to participate in The White House Easter Egg Hunt, where his painted "eggs" are now on display at the world-renowned Smithsonian Museum.


Edge of Night 2


His prints are available from a variety of websites. I doubt asnyone who reads this blog can afford many of his his originals but 'Girls Night Out' is currently only $22,000. A good investment if you have it to spare.



Girls night out

2 comments:

  1. I am very taken with some of Aldo Luongo's work. Judging by the pictures on your posting we enjoy similar pictorial ideas in this genre (but we knew that anyway). However I couldn't find a UK website last night and I couldn't find one with prices on. ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting – I had failed to realise all the sites I’d been on were foreign but I too cannot find a British site selling them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive