Saturday 27 April 2013

Spudlina

 
Here's a story from "The Telegraph" that I missed back in March 2011.

"Staff at St Tiggywinkles Wildlife Hospital in Buckinghamshire have made a little jumper to keep a spineless hedgehog warm. The animal was found by a member of the public in a garden in Bedford and has been named Spudlina by staff as her skin resembles that of a potato. The two year old is undergoing various tests to determine the cause of the loss of her spines and she is currently enjoying regular skin massages with a Vitamin E moisturiser. Picture Jeff Moore"

So that's what a hedgehog looks like under its spines!  Wow!

10 comments:

  1. Wow - didn't know that ! Interesting too - from a vet perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this.....Thanks.

    I will have t go to Tiggywinkles. They do much good work and also offer a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting article, made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, that there are caring folks out there who love to help animals.
    However, I couldn't find anything more on an update for Spudlina....hope she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hedgehog without spines, and someone to knit a warm jumper for her and to massage oil into her skin, I love this story. Poor little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little thing. But I guess it was lucky, being found by someone who knew how to knit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure this story was not originally published on April 1st...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tiggywinkles, and have had a link to it on my blog since I first learned about this wonderful organization a couple of years ago! Bless Spud's precious heart, I'm so glad that he's getting help and getting better thanks to such caring, compassionate people. This is such a heartwarming story!

    Here's an update for anyone who's interested in Spud's latest (good) news! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the update Laloofah....glad to know that Spud is doing much better.

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome, Virginia! I'm glad it was happy news to share! :-)

      Delete
  8. Interesting. They certainly look better with their spines.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive