Thursday 30 June 2011

A Thursday Rush by a Busy Bee


Haven’t time to ramble aimlessly (or should thast be mindlessly) as usual; today I'm all of a rush… I’m trying to do ten things at once.

1) Prepare for Helen’s wedding (Hopefully now all finished apart from haircut which in my case is a simple affair, unlike Jo’s which has involved weeks of agonising about who to go to. Her usual hairdresser is on maternity leave and changing hairdressers is a major undertaking. If my barber isn’t available I walk along to the next one. Mind you, I’ve a lot less hair!)
2) Prepare for holiday in the Hebrides. (Haven’t started that and probably won’t until about twenty four hours beforehand. I have packing for holidays down to a fine art and apart from ensuring in advance that I have enough medicines it’s an easy task).
3) Gardening – a never ending job which I enjoy when not under pressure or when the task isn’t too big but sorting all the things I want to do before going away is pressure!
4) Planning the garden. This is a different task to actually working in the garden. This is creating a diary of things to do over the next twelve months. I am forever finding that I meant to move a plant or prune it or do something else to it that now can’t be done because the season isn’t right. I make a mental note to do it in November – or whenever – and then the next June I realise once more I failed to do it. So I’m creating an advance diary.
5) Circulating my book around publishers. Perhaps it would be easier to run off a whole load of letters in advance of the next rejection but that seems rather a defeatist approach to life!
6) Writing my next book. I’m up to Chapter 9 (which is probably about a quarter of the way) of the first draft.
7) Introducing a new laptop to the household. Hopefully I’ll be getting it tomorrow and then |I’ll have to pouty all my favourite programmes on it and add all my pictures, music, etc. to its 640 Gb memory. I recall when the Computer Manager at my old job told me I’d never need as much as 16 Mb for home use. He said 8Mb would be more than adequate.
8) Writing blog posts.
9) Updating my natural history and garden photo files.
10) Editing my latest photos.
11) Have my quarterly medical check-up.
12) Do all the boring things like eat, sleep, cook, do the dishes, vacuum, dust, wash clothes and, yuckiest of them all, do the ironing.

OK so that’s twelve things at once and I forget to mention it’s Wimbledon Finals week-end but you get the idea. Busy, busy, busy. So busy my wings are a blur….


3 comments:

  1. Cooking, eating and sleeping are not boring - they are there to be enjoyed, and I find it hard to believe you don't :-)
    When it comes to packing for a holiday or business trip, I usually do it an hour before I am due to leave the house. I travel very lightly since I have to be able at any given time to carry all my stuff on my own along platforms and through vast airports.
    And regarding the ironing - I shall let you in on a secret: I like to iron! Honestly, I do. It almost has a meditative quality to an ever-whirling mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh another book! Fantastic!

    When are you off to the Hebrides?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says that men can't multi-task.

    I think you'll need to do a blog post on Words for 'pouty'.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive