Monday 6 June 2011

Crossword solving

In her comment yesterday Librarian wished us happy crossword solving.


Needless to say coffee time at Norton Priory brought out the crossword book. It seemed slightly ironic that we were stuck for ages on the clue 'Loss of wit' (7 letters of which we had the 5th - E - and 7th - S). We'd definitely lost our crossword wits for the moment. By the afternoon we had recovered and polished off the second crossword of the day in no time at all. (P.S. the answer was 'madness'.)

2 comments:

  1. :-) So my comment inspired you (sort of) to this post - I am honoured! I can't even remember when I last solved a crossword, but there used to be a time when I was quite good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a committed crossword solver (The New York Times daily and Sunday puzzles are carried by my local California newspaper). I can't begin my day without coffee and the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive