Thursday 29 October 2009

A Thursday Ramble


On Saturday those members of the family staying at ours began the day by checking e-mails. When GB, Helen, Ian and I get together we always manage to have four laptops going at the same time but a new record was set on Saturday morning with Helen’s Dell (called Mimizu – which means worm in Japanese), Ian’s Dell (Nezumi which means mouse in Japanese), my Acer (called Crystle for no apparent reason), Gaz’s Mac (no name) and Jo’s Dell (also never been christened) all working away. I just hope Jo doesn't get any ideas about naming her laptop - I'm not sure the baptismal process would do it any good!



As you will have gathered by now I had a super weekend - it was great being surrounded by family. And, even if GB had defected to the other side of the world at the time, we had had the pleasure of his company a couple of weeks earlier.

I don’t seem to have done much since then though on Wednesday I had a trip to the doctor’s (all of 10 yards – the surgery is next door!). He decided to forego the advice of my consultant and not make yet another change to my medication. It seems that one of the reasons for recommending a change was that the new tablets are cheaper. Fortunately my GP is less bothered about saving the NHS (and his practice) money and more bothered about the good of his patients. It’s a comforting fact.

Unfortunately, on Sunday Meek, the tabby cat, was sick and he has got worse during the week and has stopped eating. I think he may have had a minor stroke. We shall take him to the vet’s today and see what they say. He’s about 75 years old (14¾ in human years). That’s not bad considering he was given about 12 to 18 months to live when we got him from the shelter as a kitten because he was FIV positive. As a result he’s spent most of his life indoors until recently (to avoid infecting other cats) but since the Spring he has been unadventurous enough for us to let him out because he just stays around the garden.

We shall also be popping into Birkenhead this morning to get Richard a new mobile phone. The contract on his present one has run out and there’s quite a good offer on with T-mobile. I hope their service is as good as O2 has been.

And the Lottery obviously knew it was my birthday last week because I won £10. That’s my first win in eighteen months. That means I only need another 14 x £10 wins and I’ll be in profit.


 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun - a family with computers! Hope your meds. will work out.
    This morning I was hit with a scam. I did NOT invite anyone to Jhoos! I could alert most of my readers, but I did not find your email. So, please don't open any dubious invitations!

    Again, it was very kind what you said about the pastel painting, but I think that you would be able to do the same if you practiced enough:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post and pics, C.J.
    ;^)
    Glad all went well at the Doc...
    hope Meek gets better, though.
    Cool, on the lottery win!
    ;^) Hope there is more to come.
    I've been considering buying a ticket in Oklahoma...never have before, but I need those millions!!!
    ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're indeed one computerized family...! Looks like fun. Glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the new meds work out, and that poor little Meek will be okay too.
    Take care,
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo sorry to hear that Meek is not so well. However hard I try, I cannot think of my animals as anything less than an important part of the family and so when they are hurting I really worry.

    Hope your vet is as nice as the one Briagha and Misha see in Stornoway and that the trip to your vet is a very successful one and he is soon well again and curled up infront of the fire.

    Lucky you - but long overdue a win on the lottery. Hope that you have now set a trend! Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive