Wednesday 14 October 2009

Kris gives up her ponytail - and the rest of her hair

What would you do for children with cancer?

How about shaving your hair off?


That’s what Kris is doing for St Baldricks. St. Baldrick's is the world's largest volunteer-driven fundraising event for childhood cancer research. Thousands of volunteers shave their heads in solidarity of children with cancer, while requesting donations of support from friends and family. I think it’s an amazing thing to do. You can visit Kris’s blog here and if you would like to sponsor her you can do so by clicking on a simple donate button and using Paypal or a card.


 

3 comments:

  1. Honorable, beautiful, priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this two years ago. I even let one of my students take a razor to my head in front of the homeroom class. Memorable.

    We raised some money, and I discovered 1) my head was not misshapen like I thought it was, and 2) I like short hair.

    I've worn a buzz ever since.

    I've got my St. Baldrick's T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Don, that's a great T-shirt to have. I dread to think what I'd discover under there after all these years.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive