Sunday 10 February 2008

Fog

 

As Mark pointed out when I claimed "moisty" as one of my sniglets the word already existed. I just found an extract from Gaye's "Beggar's Opera".

One misty moisty morning, when cloudy was the weather,
I met a withered old man a-clothed all in leather,
He was clothed all in leather with a cap beneath his chin, singin':
"How d' you do and how d' you do and how d' you do again"


Well, today is misty and moisty, alright. The weather on Merseyside is described as follows:-
4 °C Fog
Windchill: 37 °F / 3 °C
Humidity: 81%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the East
Pressure: 30.51 in / 1033 hPa (Steady)
Windchill: 37 °F / 3 °C
Visibility: -

I have never before seen the visibilty listed as " -". I checked Exeter and it seems the fog is everywhere down the West of England / Wales; but in Exeter it is freezing fog with visibility "0.2 miles / 0.3 kilometers". At least our fog isn't freezing. (For some reason Weather Underground doesn't have Sheffield but Leeds is described as "clear". Stornoway is mostly cloudy "Visibility: 6.2 miles / 10.0 kilometers ".)

1 comment:

  1. OK, now I know where the lyrics of the song I mentioned come from originally!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive