Saturday 19 September 2009

At this moment

Nan of Letters from a Hill Farm introduced an occasional posting idea called ‘At this moment’ based on the idea of what she was doing at a particular moment. It is an exercise in awareness.

This is my first attempt at it...


When it was: Saturday morning.

Where I was: On the two-seater settee in the conservatory.

What I was doing: Some embroidery.


What I saw: Jo in the chair opposite (note how she’s vacated it once the camera came out!), the garden outside the window, the occasional bird on the bird table.

What I heard: Jo reading out crossword clues, the faint sound of traffic from the main road, occasional bird cheeps from a baby Greenfinch, a plane overhead, and the odd thump as a Wood Pigeon landed on the conservatory roof.

What I smelled: Sandalwood Incense

What I tasted: Morning coffee made with lashings of cream (before the doctor tells me off again on Monday) and plenty of sugar.

What I felt: Cosy and contented (not counting the occasional needle prick as I missed the embroidery and got my finger instead).


 

6 comments:

  1. I like your comfy room with all of it's windows and fresh look. This was a fun post to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea.

    Looks like a wonderful place to spend time. Nearly perfect Saturday I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun exercise. I must do it sometime, maybe not to post about it but just to make myself more aware of my surroundings and how I'm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Perhaps I should point out this was last Saturday - this Saturday the furthest I got from my bed was the loo! I had anticipated doing the same this Saturday morning - the usual crossword asnd coffee. Just goes to show you shouldn't make assumptions when you are constantly fighting illness. Such is life.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post. Your sunroom is so beautiful, very cosy and inviting. Thanks for sharing it with us. Did Jo finish the crossword, by the way? I think the weekend ones are usually killers! :0)
    Canadian Chickadee

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning! And such a great room with a view! I guess it wouldn't be so comfortable if we were all sitting in there with you, but I'll bet we all pictured ourselves there!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive