Thursday 6 March 2008

More Bollards

 

When I did a blog on bollards GB commented I would find many in ‘new’ Liverpool compared to my 1960s trips around the side streets. How right he was!


There are bollards everywhere.



Unfortunately I couldn’t find a single old-fashioned one though one of the styles was at least a reproduction of an earlier style. (I could tell they weren’t 1960s ones by the material they were made of and by the .com advert on them!)



Above are a just a few of the styles to be found nowadays.


In Chinatown the bollards are in keeping with the style of some of the other street furniture like lamp posts.

1 comment:

  1. Broxap bollards are nowadays imported from China, have a look here: www.asfco.co.uk , for UK manufactured cast iron bollards and here: www.asfstreetfurniture.tumblr.com/ , for my history of street furniture. You can get me at schafer@asfco.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive