Friday 28 March 2008

Quick Shortbread Fingers

 


I found this recipe – in Bryony’s handwriting – among all the papers I’m sorting.

4 oz soft margarine
2 oz castor sugar
6 oz plain flour
castor sugar to sprinkle

Put all the ingredients in a bowl and knead well into a ball. Turn out onto a highly floured board. Cut into two. Roll out and trim into oblongs. Place on a greased baking tray or use greaseproof paper. Prick with a fork. Bake above the centre of a slow to very moderate oven (gas mark 2-3; 155°C) for 30 to 35 minutes.
Cut into fingers, sprinkle with some sugar. Allow to cool in the baking tray for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire tray.

I made this today with the simple variation of putting the two parts onto rounded baking trays and cut them into fans rather then fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Good Afternoon from the U.S.A

    I just stumbled onto your blog. I must say that it is very enjoyable. In fact, it's one of the best blogs that I've read. Keep it up. I must try your shortbread receipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive