Friday 20 November 2009

Friday My Town Shoot-out - My Town’s Premier Attraction

This week's subject for the Friday My Town Shoot-out is My Town’s Premier Attraction - chosen by Kent from Montana, USA.



The village / suburb or whatever it is of Pensby on the Wirral, Cheshire, UK, has very little to offer in the way of attractions. It is an uninspiring place on the whole. I was debating whether to show some of the surrounding countryside or settle for one of the two buildings that merit being shown – the two nearby pubs.



Of these I chose the Harvest Mouse for its novel appearance windmill. However – everything about it is fake – both the windmill (which is a modern replica of an 18th century one) and my assertion that it is in Pensby since it is 100 yards outside the boundary.



The whole building is modern and it was previously a haulage yard.




If you would like to see other members' shoot-outs please go to the home blog and visit the members in the sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. so this is a windmill that isn't, a haulage yard converted, and a pub. is the fish & chips good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it's modern and fake, it's still a nice looking building and your pictures are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that is a novel premier attraction in an English town! Not what I expected at all but you always manage to surprise, don't you? I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though it's a fake, it is still a beautiful landmark in your town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some things improve then John, not bad from wagons to windmills.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Starting at the bottom and working up the list, you are the first who has posted today and yours is fake! Even though it is fake, this pub has good ale doesn't it? I bet it also has spotted dick. It looks authentic. You are a talented photographer. thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful week! Barry and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Maryland, in the states. Like your windmill photos here and your blog, in particular. Enjoyed your character list on the sidebar and was especially touched with David's.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a very unique pub and I bet fun to visit. love the last shot. have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not what I expected either from your neck of the woods. But certainly an interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I felt really sad after reading the terrible news about the flooding. Then I started reading about the "fake" windmill, and I laughed right out loud. It may be fake, but it's still pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the Harvest Mouse as your town's premiere attraction. The windmill is a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. For most of us, the premier attraction of your town... would be a self-portrait.

    It's the age-old question, "Can anything good come out of Galilee?"

    Yes.

    (Blog on!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The good thing is, you are not responsible for this being your town's premier attraction! It just happens to be. hahahahah. I always like Dutch windmills anyway. Thx!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive