Sunday 4 September 2011

Thoughtful Sunday - Some Thoughts on Grief

"A rough path is sometimes worth the treading if, in so doing, we can tread down the brambles in the path of others."
E M Blaiklock "The Bible and I"

"Our tragedy is not that we suffer but that we waste
suffering."
Unknown - Quoted by Mary Craig in "Blessings"

"I suppose what really settled (the matter) in my mind emotionally and spiritually was when I finally stopped asking 'Why?' and started asking 'For what purpose?'."
Michael Graves "Family Magazine"

"Life is eternal and love is immortal and death is only an horizon, and an horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight."
Bishop of Brent

3 comments:

  1. All wonderful quotes. Especially love the one by Michael Graves, although it would be tough to ever find an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable. All these and other factors combined, if the circumstances are right, can teach and can lead to rebirth."
    Anne Morrow Lindbergh
    Loved your beautiful quotes and I offer this one that has helped me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive