Friday 26 November 2010

Friday My Town Shoot-out - My favourite shop

This week's subject for the Friday My Town Shoot-out is "our favourite shops". I've had little difficulty picking mine.

It seems to me that shops can be admired for their appearance, the range of goods, some novelty factor or even just their name. But for me by far the most important thing is the manners of the staff. Consequently I have chosen an otherwise unexecptional little chemist shop in Pensby on the Wirral. It is a fairly traditional both in design and stock but its staff and pharmacist are exemplary. Knowledgeable, helpful, charming and always in good humour. That is why this is my favourite shop:-



Why not check out other people's my town shoot-outs this week.

11 comments:

  1. No matter where you live or shop, everyone appreciates exemplary customer service...especially if it's given with good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I was hoping for with the theme, Scriptor!
    I don't ever go to the chemist's closest to my house unless I have to - the people farther on are so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your comment was on the money. After reading it, I looked at the shop in an entirely different way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only discovered my favourite shop this year in August: http://www.rose-apothecary.co.uk/Leedsshop.html
    And I have not even bought anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of this chemist shop and please, is the red round 'thing' a post box??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love the Post Office, now, in New Zealand, they call it Post Shop and sell almost everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a good reason for a favorite shop SS. the way we are treated and how helpful the staff are. cute little shop it is indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like our neighbourhood shops but the main doors are usually open all the time , with goods being display along the walkway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that how the staff makes you feel while in their store is hugely important.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the best reason of all to feature this shop: courtesy. What a good thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Jill - it's a pillar box. You might regret asking that since Pillar Boxes are a favourite theme of mine and using you as an excuse I may well blog some more.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive