Monday 29 September 2008

Where is Moses?

I showed Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema’s picture ‘The Finding of Moses’ on my posting about bulrushes It was done semi-tongue-in-cheek because I knew it wasn’t his picture ‘Moses in the Bulrushes’ but, at short notice, I couldn’t find a copy of that ‘famous’ and much quoted picture on the web.

However, having now searched diligently I still cannot find a copy. Nor, indeed, can I find a reference to where it is held. Is it now in some private collection, hidden away from the world. And, if so, what happened to all the copies that were once made that allowed the bulrush mistake to become so universally accepted?


I quite like this ‘Among the ruins’ by Alma-Tadema. But where, oh where, has Moses gone?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive