Tuesday 15 July 2008

WATCHING Sport



Am I alone in having a ‘person you love to hate’ in almost every sport I ever watch? In football there’s always the man that I delight in watching get sent off or score an own goal – players like Manchester United’s Roy Keane. In Formula One it is currently Alonso. And in MotoGP it’s another Spaniard, Dani Pedrosa. A sulky little so-and-so, I delight in seeing him shuffled to the back of the pack or, as on Sunday, go for a swim in the rain. I wouldn’t want him to be hurt but that didn’t stop me enjoying counting the number of times he rolled over...



Casey Stoner won and my man, Valentino Rossi, was second so I’m pleased to say that puts Valentino back at the top of the table with Dani Pedrosa second, 17 points behind, and Stoner third another four points back.




I might point out I’m not a Johnny-come-lately Rossi fan – I was rooting for him many years ago when he was on 250cc bikes. Is that another thing all sports fans do? Try to impress how long they have supported someone and said ‘He’ll be a Champion one day”? I certainly do it. (Conveniently forgetting all the “He’ll be World Champions” who didn’t make it, like Rubens Barrichello.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive