Monday 26 May 2008

A Thank You

 


Like lots of people, Jo doesn’t like seeing her picture. Hopefully she won’t mind me putting this one, taken at Bryony’s wedding this month, on this blog posting.

Here I am on Lewis, having a holiday with my friend and brother, GB. Jo is back at home in Pensby working for a living; counselling, lecturing; training; marking essays; handling the paperwork that life throws through the letterbox every day; making phone calls; cooking for Richard; mowing the lawn and watering the garden; washing dishes; feeding cats; emptying litter trays… All those things which a former Knowsley Councillor once, memorably, referred to as the ‘essentialities of domestication’. So thank you Jo for all your hard work…. And thank you also to Richard for doing all his college work without any need for chasing input from me.

I cannot recall when Jo last had a proper holiday - certainly not in this millennium. In the meantime, I’ve had a trip up here last year and lots of time at the caravan on the Lleyn until we gave it up a couple of years ago. I should like to win the lottery so that Jo could go away and soak up the sun somewhere for a few weeks. If there is a God of Lotteries can he / she please take note!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive