Tuesday 27 November 2007

On this day – or was it tomorrow...

It occurs to me that when I do a blog about things that happened on this day in years gone by those visitors who live in Australia and New Zealand may already be in tomorrow. Usually I do my posting in the early hours of the morning in which case it is mid afternoon ‘Down Under’. But if I am later than that the sun has already set and my brother and his friends may be fast asleep dreaming the dreams of the righteous.

One of the objectives of the ‘On this day’ type blog is to provide folk with the occasional talking point. One can drop into the conversation the fact that it is so many years since such and such happened... Somehow saying “Did you know that 44 years ago yesterday....” lacks impact. So I’m, thinking of posting that sort of entry a day early in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive