Thursday 7 February 2013

Thursday in the chair…


Quote of the day
 
With bronze as a mirror one can correct one's appearance; with history as a mirror, one can understand the rise and fall of a state; with good men as a mirror, one can distinguish right from wrong.  Taizong

Emperor Taizong of Tang (599-649) was the second emperor of Tang, and often considered to be one of the most successful emperors in Chinese history. He was born Li Shimin, son of Emperor Gaozu, the founder of the Tang dynasty. He took the name Taizong in 626 when he became emperor.   
  
Blue Sea Slug
Glaucus atlanticus, also known as the Blue Sea Slug, Sea Swallow and Blue Dragon Sea Slug.

You either have to laugh or cry…


My Book Blog



'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery



I’ve brought my list of books read up-to-date on my book blog.  The only problem is I’m not sure how many I’ve missed. I have given a lot to charity shops lately and may not have made a note of them before doing so.  

I tried being normal

And a bit of Ivy.... 


"That snow looks interesting stuff.  It falls so slowly.  Can I go out and play please?"  
"Sorry not yet."

6 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see Ivy's first steps outside - she'll probably be very cautious to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of the blue sea slug, but I like it...very beautiful colour.
    CJ if you can get one of those small retractable leashes at Poundland for Ivy, you can probably take her outside on a leash for a couple of minutes. I think she will like the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Ivy has learned to say 'please' now...?

    The slug does look like a little dragon. (Isn't it funny how we have such defined ideas of dragons that we can say things like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of that slug. I have slugs in my garden every summer and if they looked like that I wouldn't have the heart to kill them. (maybe) I love the quote by Marjorie Hinckley. I'm assuming that's the Marjorie Hinckley I know...her husband was the former President of the Mormon Church. They both had a wonderful sense of humor! (If that's a different M. Hinckley I apologize!) Normal? What's that? Love Ivy..she's a beauty. I took our cat outside today and brushed her hoping she would turn black and look like Ivy..nope, she's still grey and white but I did get a ton of hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue sea slug, wow, that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and decorative creature that sea slug is. Quite remarkable. I would be thrilled if I spotted that in a rock pool somewhere. I assume from its name that it lives in the Atlantic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive