Sunday 14 August 2016

Some more Raptors

Kestrel
I blogged about the Kestrel when GB and I visited the Falconry Centre in Chester recently.  In the centre of the ‘parade ring’ was this marvellous statue.
There were, of course, a number of other birds at the Centre including the following:
Red-tailed Buzzard – North America’s most common buzzard, also known as Red Hawks or Buzzard Hawks.


Golden Eagle


Gyr Falcon

Indian Eagle Owl

Barn Owl







Black Vulture



This brave woman was handling the vulture to overcome a fear of birds.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful birds. Beautiful photos of birds. :D I wonder why someone fears birds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gyr Falcon is stunningly beautiful! I've not seen one before. Thank you for sharing these great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely creatures! It's always a treat to watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got me for a second there with the dragon - I was like "WHAT?"... "oh...". As for the rest of the photos - I was enraptored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the USA, there are a lot of people who fear birds. If you talk with them, it stems from watching the film "The Birds" by Hitchcock.
    Fiction! It was based on a short story by Daphne Du Maurier and the story was originally set in England!
    Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaawww... You got to see a live dragon too! (LOL) Owls always manage to look so cute and cuddly and innocent (sitting still), those gloves is probably a good idea in real life though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was disappointed that my photos of the owl didn't turn out at all well. I'm glad to see that yours did.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive