Tuesday 17 July 2012

Another Rambling Post


 According to this advert –


Is the home of the original Stornoway black pudding.

 But then according to this adjacent advert on the Stornoway guide –


Is the home of the original Stornoway black pudding'

  But we all know Charley Barley’s -


Is not only the home of the original, original Stornoway Black Pudding but also the best!

The garden centre and pet shop in Stornoway usually has some interesting reptiles.  The other day it was a Painted Dragon.



Is there any better sight than a parent reading to their child?  I just love to see it.  And this little boy was listening with rapt attention.


Having got myself and my postcard collection settled in at GB’s I resumed my Postcrossing this weekend.  Postcards are going to Austria, China, Finland, the USA and all over the place.  I wonder where they will come back from?

One of the things that so appeals to me about the Isle of Lewis is that there are such big skies.  Nowhere does one feel hemmed in. And usually there are wonderful cloud effects.



On Sunday we went round to Briagha’s.  Oh yes, the people she controls were there as well…


Misha has slightly less control over them…  “Excuse me, I’m waiting to get in!”

 

“Are you not going to open this window for me?”



“Pray let me in!”

 
“Is no one going to let me in?”

 
“I’m getting a bit annoyed about this!  Grrr.”


“OK, so I’m in – can I please go out now?  Yes, I’m female, I can change my mind if I want to…”


21 comments:

  1. Love the cat photos. And what great captions. Sounds as if you're having a very nice time, in spite of the rain. Hope you get some "sun breaks" too -- a visitor from California once asked the Seattle weatherman what on earth a sun break was, as she'd never heard the term before. But I bet you and GB understand! Hugs, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a sun break on Friday I'm pleased to say. And we made the most of it. Walking on a beach and taking lots of photos.

      Delete
  2. Misha is lovely - what fantastic photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd love her, Helen. But this is the first time in years I've managed to get a decent photo of her.

      Delete
  3. Your narration for Misha made me laugh OUT LOUD! Have a good visit with GB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care whose black pudding - the mere thought of it makes me shudder. (I haven't had to eat any since my school days, I'm glad to say.) Your sky pictures are breathtaking - and who can resist smiling at the praying cat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black pudding does seem to be omne of those things you either love or hate. I think it's the thought of its origins that put sa lot of people off.

      Delete
  5. Lots of Brownie points for you John! That is a really cute post.
    However, don't you think Briagha looks as if her head has been separated from her body? Spooky - my bodyless dog.

    See you shortly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to post a photo of Briagha with a body next time! :-D

      Delete
  6. Oh, you made me laugh! Well, except for the part about changing our minds, but, whatever. :)
    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The closeup of Misha getting ticked off is HYSTERICAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Translation for the Brits - "The close up of Misha getting annoyed is hysterical". If you get ticked off in British English you get told off.

      Delete
  8. Aaaaw, poor puss!!! So typical :-D
    Love the sky pictures. I do have a thing for wide open spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If qwode open spaces are your thing you would just adore the Island, Meike.

      Delete
  9. Bakewell is the same. It's amazing how many shops are the "original home" of the Bakewell Tart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Melton Mowbray has the same issue... I wonder if there are fighters for the title of the original Eccles Cake as well.

      Delete
  10. Is this the home of SPESH 1? How beautiful! And to see that cat at the window made me laugh.
    Her dog looks so regal, I am surprised you didn't have to bow to this creature.
    The Isle of Lewis looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing this.
    (Black pudding, no thank you.)
    And I also love the photo of the little boy being read to, just love children's books, LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kay, this is Spesh's - you see her view of Bayble Island!

      (And yes, if one wants to be friends with Spesh one has to bow to Briagha!)

      Delete
  11. So far two Islanders have gone for MacLeod and MacLeod as providers of the best blasck poudding. Any more votes for anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to vote for Macdonald's just to be contrary.

      For those who don't like black pudding, I was never a fan of black pudding elsewhere but Stornoway black pudding has a different texture and taste so it's worth a try.

      Delete
  12. Such amazing pictures of the cat, loved them and the scenery in the back ground of course.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive