Monday 4 January 2016

Christmas is over

Partner-who-loves-tea is back in work (having also worked a couple of days last week!).  Son-who-watches-movies is recovering from an ill-times bout of flu.  And I am giving the kitchen a Spring clean.  It may not be Spring yet but the warm wet weather of December continues - much to the regret of those in Cumbria who have been flooded out of their homes.  The overflowing rovers must abate soon surely.

The Christmas decorations will come down shortly and in the meantime I have taken down the cards so that P-w-l-t and I could discuss them over dinner last night.  Needless to say some of them had postboxes on them.

Not surprisingly these included ones to me from P-w-l-t and S-w-w-m



Irina in Bulgaria sent this one.


This came from Heleen in the Netherlands. 

From Anastasia in Belarus - a postcard from a Postcrossing friend.

And from Monica in Sweden - a most delightful one.
 
My old school-friend George and his wife Chris sent this one.

And from a former colleague, Marilyn.



There's no postbox on this one but it is a delightful scene photographed by friend David Truby and sent by him and his wife Pat.  It is taken in the castle grounds in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis which does not usually see much snow over the winter.



Thanks to everyone who sent us cards - with or without postboxes!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice idea, to look at all the cards and talk about them before they are put away! I shall do this on Wednesday, and will decide then which of the many beautiful cards to keep so that next Christmas season, they can be part of my decoration when I put them under the glass plate covering the desk in the Third Room.
    The rain has finally reached us here, too, after our November and December were way too dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely selection! Aren't all bouts of illness ill-timed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I no longer get sweet nostalgic cards, but the millennials want to send photos of family and throw away all the others. At least that is how most do it on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen Christmas cards with printed greetings especially for husband or father before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I've seen these postcards elsewhere... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at the cards over and over. They're one of the very last parts of Christmas to be taken down or put away for the year. I too read and re-read every one. Happy New Year, dear friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive