Sunday 26 March 2017

Pretty in pink ??????

This is an extract from The Guardian's introduction to the cars and drivers of the 2017 F1 season which has begun this weekend with the Australian Grand Prix.


I had to laugh and wonder if the advert for Disney's Beauty and the Beast was a subtle comment on the new Force India livery.   All the F1 cars are beasts and I love to hear them roar.  This year the tyres and cars are wider and look even better than they have for a few years.   Most of them are beautiful.  But not, in my view, the Force India!

The team has a new sponsor - BWT (Best Water Technology). Good for them - F1 needs all the sponsorship it can get.  Although the BWT logo colours are blue and white they have a range of products including -


As a result the Force India F1 car has ended up being pink.


Not everyone will agree with me but I have to say from my point of view F1 cars are not pretty in pink!

8 comments:

  1. Honestly, I don't think the F1 cars are pretty in any colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough I like it - although it gives somewhat mixed messages since pink has unfortunately been associated so much and so annoyingly with "girly girls." It's a fine colour, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jenny. I am not generally a fan of pink, but I do like the incongruous mix of tough and sweet in this rocket of a car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But it's got people talking and that's what it's all about. Mind you it is pretty awful! Pat will like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only men who are comfortable with themselves can wear (or drive) pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner loves pink and I don't but I told her I'd wear pink for our wedding. She didn't believe me. But I wore a pink shirt, a pink and blue tie, pink hanky in my top pocket and even pink socks - that's love for you!

      Delete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive