Opened under the National Gardens Scheme for a weekend in early June this year the garden at Plas Coch is delightful and the small charge to the visitors raised thousands of pounds for nursing and caring charities.
It is a well established country garden with deep and varied herbaceous borders, vegetable garden and fruit trees with recently planted heritage variety small orchard. Other sections include a small yard garden, pond areas, three-seater tybach (outside privy), all in the centre of the vale of Clwyd with extensive views towards the Clwydian Hills.
Plas Coch is the original 1606 house with Georgian and Victorian additions which was at the centre of the Plas Coch farm estate.
The long established gardens comprise a large lawn area surrounded by herbaceous borders abutting the house with a very old yew hedge backdrop with arch leading to kitchen garden and fruit trees and soft fruit cages. There is a recently restored pond area and yard garden which backs onto old piggeries which form part of the outbuildings . Beyond the kitchen garden and fruit trees is a tennis court and paddock with spinney which has been turned into a small orchard in recent years.