Some powerful words Gandhi left for us in his time.
1. Be the change you wish to see in the world
2. What you think, you become
3. Where there is love, there is life
4. Learn as if you’ll live forever
5. Your health is your true wealth
6. Have a sense of humour
7. Your life is your message
8. Action expresses priorities
9. Our greatness is being able to remake ourselves
10. Find yourself in the service of others
I especially like number four- ‘Learn as if you’ll live forever’. As I have got older I have sometimes thought “What is the point of learning that?” GB and I, for example, learned the names of the nine muses (again, no doubt) the other day. Useful for crosswords but not much else one would think but I enjoy learning for learning’s sake and modern studies show that the more use one makes of the brain the longer it is likely to delay the onset of Alzheimer’s. So I shall carry on learning as if I’ll live forever and maybe that will also help me ‘Find myself in the service of others’, or, at least, reduce my being a burden on others in old age.