Friday 25 July 2014

More odds and ends...

The Giants
The Giants are coming to Liverpool this weekend. Partner-who-loves-tea has been looking forward to their arrival for ages.  We will hopefully see them on Sunday and perhaps on Friday as well.  Grandmother puppet lives beyond the Big Bang and has to cross the Planck Wall to get here.  (The Planck Wall, named after physicist Max Planck who won the Nobel Prize in 1918,  is the limit of man's knowledge of the universe.) Grandmother  will tell stories of the 1914-18 War.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post when we get to see them. 

 Liverpool from the air


If you wish to look at some fantastic photos of the Liverpool area from the air, taken by the Police helicopter, please follow this link



Not all of Merseyside is built up -



The Garden
 Our garden is flourishing at the moment and if one ignores the attacking Bindweed and some slightly overgrown shrubs it needs little attention after I have spent two days out there.  Most of my activity was in the early morning and late evening when the temperatures were reasonable.  In the middle of the day it was 25 degrees C and that is too hot for me while working.  So I took what I could into the shade and carried on there.
We have bought some new garden furniture because the wooden seats we had are all beginning to collapse underneath us.

Buddha

“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.   Happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha.

Photo by kind permission of Dustin Main 
Photographic Storyteller at A Skinny Escape ; 
Co-Founder of TooManyAdapters.com ; 
Professional Photography Services at Lightmoves Creative



10 comments:

  1. I've just seen the Giants on t.v. They are amazing. I look forward to seeing your pictures of them.
    Good to have you back blogging again. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty countryside picture! May you have much happiness, and your garden grow beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha.....I love this quote, I believe in this 1000000%.
    Liverpool is a really beautiful city and the aerial shots are outstanding....thanks for sharing.
    So happy to hear that you've been spending time in the garden, it's very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you are as active with interesting tidbits in your blog as ever! I hope you are doing well! Daniel can well relate to the gardening. He has to do it early in the morning as well because it gets too hot here in the afternoon. The mornings start with 25 degrees already and by this afternoon we'll be well into the 30s. Too hot for me... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings start at 25!!! I'd have to employ a a gardener.

      Delete
  5. 1. Giant WHATs? Giant people? Giant dolls? Giant lions? What? Or do you mean the NY Giants football team? (NOT soccer... heh)

    2. Buddha obviously never worked in an office building. If he did, he would know that sharing your happiness is just an invitation for other people to crap on it. Come to work and complain about something, you get all kinds of sympathy and commiseration. Come in happy about something, and they get their heavy boots on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - sounds like someone had a bad day (week/month/year) at work! As for the Giants - wait and see, dear Marcheline, wait and see.

      Delete
  6. Hello! I feel like it's been ages since I've visited. Your countryside is so beautiful from those pics! I hope your garden continues to flourish and I love the Buddah quote...wouldn't he just love solar lights?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a picture of the Giants on the BBC (I think they were in a parade?) and I wondered if you would mention them in a post. Look forward to seeing your photos just like my friend Pat (Spesh 1) above! (Not above, as in heaven, I mean the above comment. HA HA)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH YES! WE LOVE STORIES ABOUT GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive