Wednesday 31 July 2013

In the Garden - July

A few years ago we lost most of our front hedge in the winter.  Conifers, Fuchsia and other plants were all killed off.  But one of the Fuchsias survived and has spread along the fence quite well while a white Buddleia that came (I think) from Daughter-who-loves-food as a tiny cutting is now ten feet tall and covered in flowers.



We need to find s home for this Columbine from Brian.


Various Clematis climb up the arbor.







Mock Orange.


D***ed Convolvulus (Bindweed) climbs everywhere but at least when it flowers it is pretty.


 Yellow and Orange Welsh Poppies are still out and will be for most of the year.


The hanging bags are still looking great.   You may recall they came last year from Friend-über-special because I couldn't get them in this country.  We have since discovered somewhere must sell them because there is a house on Rodney St, Liverpool, where Partner-who-loves-tea works, that has them oustide its door.  We filled ours wth Petunias and Violas.



 Roses are in bloom.


A new Sea Holly.


Campanula in the wall of the old fish pond.


Yellow Flag in the boggy bit.


The Goatsbeard is covered in bees.


Iris.

Sadly, all things must pass and we await some new flowers in August.



14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty walk through your garden. I could imagine walking and taking photos there - so pretty and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your flowers are beautiful, however the hanging bag of flowers is beyond gorgeous! I wonder if I could get away with that in the motorhome???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends how fast you drive!
      Seriously, I should think it would be ideal for a motorhome.

      Delete
  3. The hanging bag looks great! As does everything else in your garden. I wasn't even aware of there being so many different colours of clematis, I mostly see the blueish-purple variety here.
    And along with all the climbing plants and flowers, there's Ivy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely ramble through your garden, and I too love the hanging bag of flowers. I am getting to love shrubs more and more as I get older, my tastes change, I guess. I love sweet peas but don't like the way the stems always go brown after flowering. I'm trying to coax mine into a second flowering. Mock orange just goes on and on, I have one but I think it must be in the wrong place. It has lots of healthy leaves but it rarely wants to flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Welsh poppies look like our California poppies. The hillsides down here are covered with them in the spring. The flower bag full of blue flowers is just gorgeous. Our neighbor's Morning Glory has taken over our side of the fence where it is burying our bouganvillea. It is a mass of blue flowers which turn purple as evening approaches. Does the mock orange have a beautiful perfume? My plumeria survived the move and I'm so happy. It was given to me by a friend whose daughter I taught and it has always been an exceptionally good bloomer. The perfume is exotic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Chris, thr Mock Orange has a lovely scent. I try hard to get Morning Glory to take in our garden but it just won't. I love its gentle blue. I actually photograohed on in the garden centre last time were there - the only plant I did photograph but I just couldn't resist it.

      Delete
  6. These are beeautiful. How lovely it all looks. Ivy is lucky to have such a beautiful home! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have your very own Botanical Garden, it seems :) I love the hanging bag in blue and white, and Clematis is a favourite of mine... I have two different kinds on my balcony now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An arbor draped with various clematis is my idea of heaven.
    Wish they loved our heat here, but they suffer in our climate.
    Loved all the beautiful flowers in your garden, all the colours and scents must be quite tantalising for the senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mock Orange is the most scented of these and is quite wonderful.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful - you have all my favourite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful garden you must have with all this lovely flowers!
    Thank you or sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive