Tuesday 11 December 2018

It's Christmas! (Well almost)

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you will already have seen these but I appreciate some folk only look at my blog so I'm posting them here as well.

First job - clear the window-ledges and floor.


Start putting up Christmas cards.


Put out decorations on the window ledges.




Then the tree goes up.


Sorting the tree lights out takes hours - only to discover they weren't working.


Off to the shops for some new lights.


Then the tinsel and baubles go on.



A few early presents go under the tree.


An, of course, the mistletoe finds a place,


And when it goes dark (sorry about quality of photo) we have this -



11 comments:

  1. Love your collections and your tree is beautiful. I gave up on stringing lights years ago and got a pre-lit tree; saves on your nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this step-by-step account of your decorating :-) I love this, it is almost as if we were there with you! And I am one of those who only look at your blog, since I am neither on facebook nor on insta.
    How do the cats react to the tinsel and baubles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cats leave the tree alone (touch wood) despite the fact that one of their playthings is a silky bauble left out by mistake after all the decorations came down last year.

      Delete
  3. Awww! Beautiful. As one of those who has never gotten around to joining most social media sites, i thank you for posting it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so festive and inviting !
    I've just mailed my Christmas cards off to Blighty, I hope it's not too late.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.
    Jo


    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry, merry Christmas to you. Lovely tree in the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. We lost a couple of sets of lights since last year too and yet the ones I have from 20 years ago work just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are beautiful! Merry (almost) Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your card, john, I am trying to get down to mine! Hopefully tonight.....!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, thanks for sharing! It's so neat to see into other folks' Yuletide rituals. Glad you got your lights sorted! It's always an adventure, finding out which ones will work this year...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. Lights are so cheering at this dark time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for dropping by to leave a comment. Your comments are much appreciated even if I don't always reply. They will appear as soon as they have been moderated.

Blog Archive